Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Review

Well, this last weekend was a great one. I got to spend a lot of time with friends and I feel so lucky to have such great friends who make me laugh so hard, I have to tell them to stop.

On Friday, Callie made a wonderful dinner at her home. She is an amazing cook and often my envy creeps in because I just don't know how she does it all. She had two appetizers, shrimp lasagna, bread, salad, asparagus and a mousse desert (is that right , Cal?) and EVERYTHING was so yummy. I could have eaten the whole plate of stuffed mushrooms by myself. We drank wine and watched her fabulous Napa wedding video and got all nostalgic about that magical time spent in California for their wedding. It was super fun.

Saturday night, a few of us had plans to go to dinner in Dallas and then see the movie There Will be Blood. We planned to go to Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs but both were packed. Our night was hilarious. Everything that could go wrong went wrong, but it made us laugh and will be a memory that we won't soon forget which makes it even more special. Don't bother seeing this movie. It was terrible. I get it, it was written by some great author who shed light on some hard issues, but it was a terrible, slow, dark story with a soundtrack that sounded like nails on a chalkboard. I wish I could lie and say it was good literature and that I "got it", but I just can't do it. Oh, and did I mention we were sitting front row? That did not help...

Church was amazing this week. I was so blessed by Matt's preaching. I feel so lucky to be at a church that I love to call my home. I am excited to grow in that community of faith. I am thankful to have a pastor that is not afraid of our sin but rather encourages us to be real and take the risk to be known.

My memory scripture from Bible study this week is John 15:7-8. Quiz me if you see me.

2 comments:

Callie B said...

You are sweet! I had such a great time with you guys on Friday night! I will cook for you anytime!!!

Anonymous said...

Fun times...definately will never forget it! I dont think I have laughed so hard in one night...maybe things should go wrong more often! haha