Wednesday, November 7, 2007

God of Creation

Last night after work I took Enzo for a walk/jog around the pond behind my office. It was great. The area was quiet and it was already starting to get dark. The Lord had painted the sky with fiery reds and pinks as the sun set. It was the perfect kind of cold too. Enough chill for a sweatshirt and the kind where your cheeks fill the slightest sting from moving against the wind. And you just know that if someone were to reach out and touch your nose it would be cold to the touch. It was perfect. There is so much peace in moments like that for me. I feel that even if everything does not seem perfect in my life, that I still have so much reason to be grateful to this eternal God who takes the time to paint the skies in a wide array of hues for us. Who takes the time to have the seasons fall as varying backdrops for our lives. Who takes the time to place ducks in a busy park pond who flap around and fish for food for our delight. And a God who gives us the senses that we have so that we can feel the joy of winter's first cold nose. He is so much bigger and kinder and more beautiful than I could ever even attempt be. But I guess that's why I'm not God. But I pray for His heart daily and I pray that this life that He has given me will makes things a fraction of how beautiful His splendor is. To Him be the glory. Amen. Let it be.

1 comments:

Larry Ray said...

Courtney!!! Your Blog needs an update. What has happened in your life all week? Are you going to leave everyone guessing about Enzo? Give your fans what they want. More Posts! More Posts More POSTS!!!
Can you hear them chanting. Time to deliver sis.