Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pass the Cheer

Is Starbucks new tag line for the season. And man, did they deliver! I was so cold this morning and I just wanted something warm to start my day off with before walking into my igloo, I mean office. So, I pointed the car west, drove through a miserable school zone, and headed to the nearest Starbucks. My first reason for excitement had to do with the fact that the new holiday drinks are available...joy! My personal favorite is the Pumpkin Spice Latte so I was just anxious as I awaited my turn to get to the giant speaker where I could place my glorious drink order.

Then, when it was finally my turn to order, the woman who was assisting me was extremely friendly, wait, cheerful, and it actually felt genuine, not cheesy. I found myself with a real smile on my face as I drove from the drive through speaker to the window. That's pretty rare at 7:57am.

And finally, as I arrived to the window, I glanced around to find 5 busy bees working behind the scenes for Starbucks. They were taking orders, making crazy coffee drinks and smiling and cracking jokes to one another as they fought the early morning rush. They actually seemed happy to be there. To serve. To start my day off right. And they did.

As I drove away and had my first sip of pumpkin bliss. I was overjoyed by the simple pleasures the Lord gives us. And for that, I hope to pass the cheer...
To learn more, check out this book: The Starbucks Experience

3 comments:

Brighter Sunshine said...

awe! what a wonderful time you had there - i luv taking it all in when everything goes smoothly. and i luv seeing people enjoy their jobs and where god has placed them!

i went the other day but just got hot green tea - cheap! - but i'll have to give in and get the pumpkin latte... it does sound delish!

sorry i missed ya on wednesday if you were there... hows about some church this sunday night? hopefully jenn is feeling better!

luv ya, have a great friday!

dmbcrash said...

I think i just hustled you, sorry.

Brighter Sunshine said...

alecia's on the blog thing... check mine for her link!