Sunday, December 9, 2007

Lazy Sunday

I slept in until noon today. It was blissful and a rare treat. I love lazy Sundays. Lately, I have found myself just longing to be home with my family on the weekends. I head to Keller on Friday, fighting my way through traffic, and find every reason to stay late until Sunday evening. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that we have no sofa in our tiny little house at the moment...

We went to Uncle Julio's last night for dinner. Their queso seriously tops all. However, their house cabernet and Chicken Tortilla Soup left something to be desired. That's for dang sure. Now, I know it's weird...I mean, why would I order wine at a Mexican restaurant? Because that's what I wanted. But not after my first sip. Jen did not fare much better with her sangria. It was a rough night with the drink selection. But I was there with some of my closest friends and just looking around the table and seeing their faces, crazy hair, sloppy sweatshirts and quirky ears filled my heart with a gratitude that feels delicate and fragile but strong all at the same time. These are the people that love me for me. And I the same for them. It's sacred.

The highlight of the evening had to be driving home and being ushered into the lyrical world of DMX. JT sang loud and proud as Matt and Brent chimed in in the background. Let me just say, Kelsie, you should be glad that you were not there. But it did make me laugh and blush a little all at the same time.

Spent some long hours with the my sweet friend, Larry, last night and it was yet again awesome to get to learn more about this creative yet amazingly humble man. I feel very lucky and I have no other fancy adjectives to describe it. Just lucky.

I took Enzo for a run this morning, wait, afternoon. And my legs turned a fiery red from the freezing cold. Should have considered wearing pants. But there was something nice about watching my legs return to their normal fleshy color, like I had gone out and done something productive with myself.

Well, I think that's all I have for now. I will just be soaking up my parents home for the next several hours until I can return next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would have loved to see JT bustin out to any song even if its DMX! Too bad I wasnt in the car...could have jammed to good ole NSYNC (is that how you spell it?). So blessed to have you in my life sister!

Anonymous said...

Did X not do it for you?

Brighter Sunshine said...

i too know about red, cold legs... ahh, but you probably felt so good afterwards! sounded nice to me at least. :)