Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away

Well, it's raining here in the Big D. I know what you're thinking..."Courtney, this is great news! We need the rain." Yeah, well, you're wrong for a couple of reasons. The reasons mainly center around me but I am sure you will understand once I take the time to explain...

As mentioned in a previous blog, I hate the mornings. How does pitch black and the sound of pitter patter help me get out of my bed? Answer: it doesn't. I did manage to get out of bed at 7:52am which allowed me the privilege of strolling into work at around 8:20am. Yeah, you guessed it...I look hot. Actually, waking up late was not in the plans for me this morning. You see, I have a very important photograph being taken later this afternoon at the DMV. Finally, my drivers license has expired and I get to replace the awful poodle picture that I have endured for 4 years. But I digress.

Reason two for my disgruntlement at the rain this dreary morning...Enzo. So now am I not only running late for work but I have to put my poor, sleepy dog in the backyard in the hopes that he will step off the back stoop to do his business. God forbid he gets wet. Then, once I let him back in if I am not on my A game then he will go running past me and dive back into my bed, only to get the sheets covered with mud. Well who the heck is on their A game when they hate the mornings? Not this girl. At this stage in the game I barely have my eyes open and my towel is still wrapped around my body and I have to hold it on with one hand for dear life for fear that one of my roommates may see a little too much of Courtney this morning. Oh, that's right...they have all left for work by now. Shocker.

At any rate, this afternoon I will be washing sheets. So, just remember that when you are all enjoying the rain and prancing around with your umbrellas.

0 comments: