Thursday, October 11, 2007

Spin Me Right Around


Well, today was quite the adventure. I woke up at 6:24 this morning to let Enzo out and was nearly blown over by the smell of gas, so I thought. I laid in bed and decided to text Kari and have her take a quick smell out back when she woke up. But as I was attempting to drift back off to dreamland where I frolic through fields of daisies, I kept thinking to myself, "what if the house blows up and I could have saved us?" Dreadful, I know. So, I called my mom and asked her if there can be gas leaks outside. This is new territory to me. Some things are just not common sense to this natural blond. Duh, she said in a much nicer way. So I hung up and called the Atmos energy emergency line.

They told me to evacuate immediately, to not use my cell phone again and not to start any vehicles near the property. Umm, excuse me but what do I do if I can't call anyone to pick me up and I can't take my own car to evacuate? But at any rate, in my most serious tone I rushed to wake up the roommates (did I mention that I panic in stressful situations?), they tossed on their clothes and it was then, in an extremely rare moment, we caught a glimpse of a slightly grumpy Kari. Still sweet but fighting the grumpies. And at her expense, it's amusing. So anyways, there we three are, standing on the side of Russell Avenue in our pj's and Enzo in tow. Awesome start to the morning.

The rebels we are, we decided to risk it and start the car. No explosion. But now we needed to figure out where to go at 6:45 in the morning. We rolled through the McDonald's drive thru and then headed to the nearest parking lot...to sit...and sit. Finally, the Atmos man showed up and poked and prodded around. He finally said it was safe to take a shower. Ashley and Kari quickly got ready to head off to their 9 to 5's while I sat around watching the Cosby show in hopes that Atmos was going to solve the mysterious gas leak. No luck. I decided to head into work and have him call him when he was done solving the mystery. When he finally called he told me that there had been no gas leak...that is until he busted a pipe doing a test. Good gosh man.

Now, why don't you go ahead and cut to 5pm today and I start making the horrific traffic filled drive to Frisco for class. One a side note, not one more freakin person needs to move to Frisco. NO VACANCIES! After 45 minutes of sitting in bumper to bumper and jamming to the new Remedy album, I get a call from a sweet little man named Pat saying he has found my precious little puppy. For the love! So, I flip the car around and head to Coppell where I am house sitting only to find Enzo backed into the corner of a random house where he had successfully pooped himself from being scared out of his head. I thanked stranger Pat profusely for watching my baby and then I rushed over to Mel's, gave the shaky dog a bath, went back to the neighbors to clean up dog poo and now...now... I am supposed to drive back to class. I don't think so. Not to hear some crummy lecture from my interim teacher and then half the class comment on EVERYTHING because they think they know more than Einstein. Oh no, not tonight.

What a day. What a day. Thank God Grey's is on tonight. And the Rocky Road in the fridge is calling my name. Calgon take me away, will you?

0 comments: