Friday, February 1, 2008

29 Days of Blogging

Today marks the first of 29 blogs in a row for the month of February. I managed to talk two of my girlfriends from small group, Jessie and Christin Dawn (Christ-in-the-morning) and then BFF, Callie, into taking on this challenge with me. So, settle in over the next month and read all of our rants and raves. I hope that it will be well worth it for you.

I am glad it's Friday, although the week has flown by. Tonight I am going with Larry Ray to visit with some of his old friend from Young Life Capernaum in Dallas. I am grateful to be invited because I know how special these years where to him as a leader and this will be a totally new experience for me. Stories to come.

Kari, my sweet roommate, is having her wisdom teeth removed today. Poor thing. We are hoping that she can join us for Super Bowl Party on Sunday. We'll see.

Speaking of Super Bowl, there are four parties going on that night and I want to be a part of them all! My small group is hosting PJ's and Pigskins and Christin, the creative genuis, made the most adorable invitations which just makes you want to be apart of a party that much more. And I can't be there. Boo. But The Coker's, The Word's and The Ware's should all be having football fun on Sunday night and I hope to float around and say hi to all if I can. Thanks for the invites everyone.

To the girl's in my small group, I have been thinking about you all since Wednesday and how lucky I am to know each of your hearts better than before and to be apart of a group that is so real and honest. I pray that we only continue on in our pursuit to find Jesus and see Him in one another through our gifts, blessings, struggles and words. Christin, your message was amazing this week and I was so proud of how much scripture you poured out all evening long. Way to be IN THE WORD, sister. And Jennifer, we heart you so much. Especially when we picture you like this. I am so excited to find out what happens with our new extended group proposal (amazing job on this, Jessie) and the opportunity to work with middle school girls. Dance parties, crushes and ghost riding the whip here we come! I love you girls.

Favorite songs of the week: Falling Slowly by Glen Hasard, Float On by Modest Mouse and Sorry by Buckcherry (why do I feel chessy for putting that?)

Cheers!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Court...I am excited to read what is going on with you this month. I am impressed with your new cooking skills. The recipe looks great. Love you, Jamie

mrsf5 said...

Well. Just because I fell flat on my face with the 365 challenge, don't think I won't be rooting for you to cross the 29-day finish line with flying colors. Go, Courtney, go!

SO sorry to hear about Kari's wisdom teeth: that's just no fun at all. Hopefully she'll make it look easy... but you might want to stock up on jello, just in case.

Y'all have a great weekend!
Amy

Jessie said...

Whoo hoo! Day one is done! 28 more fabulous posts to go! I have been thinking about group this week too--and I LOVE where we are right now. It is amazing!

Brighter Sunshine said...

ummm, courtney... you need to blog! asap, you have 1 hour and i'm counting!! love you!