Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Late Night Thinkin'

Last night, as I was laying in bed, I started thinking about how much it gets under my skin when people write things like b4, u, or idk. I don't know why it bothers me but I know it does. I hate that younger people are growing up using this more frequently than writing a full word, sentence, email, letter or paper. There is so much to be said for good writing. Good grammar. We are in such a hurry that we can't even take the time to type in the word "before" or "you". And it annoys me.

I read a book about 3 years ago called Eats, Shoots & Leaves. It talks a lot about the neglect and ignorance of the English language and the importance of punctuation. If you wish to learn more about this ridiculous rant of mine, then pick it up. It's a great read.

And now, I am finally caught up to 19 blogs. Whew.

2 comments:

Brighter Sunshine said...

way 2 go grl! u r so dang awsum... 19 posts is gr8... keep it up!

haha... sorry, just couldn't resist!

and am loving that guy you posted before this one~ he's got some really good stuff but i haven't been able to find that one you like...

Callie B said...

Honey, I am right there with you and I am surrounded by it 5 days a week.
The problem is that they really don't know how to spell. That is the ONLY language SO many of them know!
Now I feel better too!