Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's a Miracle

So last night, Enzo "The Escape Artist", snuck out of our backyard. I thought to myself, "here we go again". Kari had put him out there at lunch because it was such a pretty day and when I got home from the office, he was gone. I felt emotionally drained, so I did not cry (right away) and Kari and I just searched up and down the streets in our neighborhood until dark. When you have a dog that tiny, it feels like looking for a needle in a haystack.

After dark we went home and made dinner. I sat blankly in front of the TV and we left all the doors open in the hopes that Enzo would try to find his way home. Around 8pm I started getting teary and my amazing roommate attepmted to do anything to ease the pain. She ran me a bath (did I mention I had fever), made me some hot tea and got my room all ready for bed. I swear, she is such a cherished friend!

I took a long, hot bath and there I prayed and cried. As I was walking back to my bedroom I told Kari I was going to go to bed early. I put my hot tea down on my nightstand and decided to walk to the window in one last attempt to see my puppy and GUESS WHAT...at that exact moment Enzo wenting prancing by my window! I ran to the back door and Kari must have thought I was crazy. She came around the corner and we both saw Enzo just standing there. We were screaming and cheering and totally freaking Enzo out. It was so funny because the first thing that Kari said was, "he is a real dog". We were so proud of him for finding his own way home. It was such an answer to prayer. Even when my faith is so small and I doubt so much.

Once I knew Enzo was safe and sound, I felt great. I was ready to go tan and read. Funny how that works.

4 comments:

Callie B said...

I am SOOOO glad that he is home!

Jessie said...

What a great ending! I can only imagine how you were feeling!

Jamie said...

Yea, I am so glad that he came home. I cannot imagine losing Biscuit. What a wonderful ending to a pretty awful night. I hope that you are feeling better.

Lucy said...

IG's are such smart dogs. But a human without their companion is a sad, sad sight. Isn't it just amazing how beloved our little creatures are to us. Rocco just runs into the street (and I live in a very quiet neighborhood) and my heart skips a beat. I am glad that God led Enzo home to you!