Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Shack

My boss at the ol' office told me about this book that she just finished for her book club, called The Shack. She told me that I would absolutely love it. It was one of those times, when you have never heard of something before, but then soon after you hear about it once you start hearing this great buzz about it all over the place. That's what happened here.

So last night I had some time to run to the bookstore and pick up this book. I did not know the author, but I asked the guy at the counter and he walked right over to it like it was second nature. He said that me and about 90 other people had been in that day to pick it up. I read roughly the first 70 pages last night and it has already made me cry once. It is such a good story and I feel like I am just waiting, not so patiently, to find out what God does to redeem this man's life. I love stories of healing, redemption and finding wholeness. Probably because I have spent so much of my adult life, no wait, whole life fighting, searching, praying and pleading for wholeness. For my real self in Christ to be revealed so that I can rest in who He made me to be. And the Lord has been sweet to give me victory in more ways than I can describe. But enough about me...

Anyway, go get this book. Or if your lucky, I will buy it for you. We can read it together and that would be fun, eh?

Today is my bro's birthday. Be sure to give him all sorts of love on the big 2-5. He deserves it. We are going to good ol' Scmitty's for dinner, a tradition for the Coker fam (and friends now), that hold many memories for us all. I was a baby in a bar, what else can I say?

Six days down, twenty-three to go.

3 comments:

Callie B said...

I am looking for a new read. I will have to check it out! An dyou should check out Same Kind fo Different as me if you haven't already. In my opinion it was fabulous!

Callie B said...

and I want to try out that restaurant :) Yummy

Brighter Sunshine said...

sounds like a good read... i'm going to have to look into it!

missed seeing you last night... hope your week is going swell! :)